Monday, June 12, 2023

TUBI CONTINUED… LINGERIE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIPS 21: NAUGHTY ‘N NICE (2016) ****

Sometimes when I’m flipping through Tubi looking for something to watch, I stumble across something so bizarre that I must simply hit “PLAY” and drop the remote.  Such was the case with Lingerie Fighting Championships 21:  Naughty ‘N Nice.  I usually try to only watch actual movies (or something approximating an actual movie) for this column.  However, when the Tubi Gods drop something like Lingerie Fighting Championships 21:  Naughty ‘N Nice in your lap, you just gotta dive in with both feet.

For context, I had no idea going in that Lingerie Fighting Championships even existed.  Just looking at the thumbnail though, it seemed like the sort of thing that would be right up my alley.  (Boy, the Tubi algorithm knows me pretty well by now.)  And… well… Lingerie Fighting Championships is exactly what you would expect it to be.  It’s sexy women in lingerie fighting in a cage, UFC style.  Sadly, this is the only LFC special available on Tubi, which is a bummer.  I’m not saying I would watch all twenty of the previous LFC specials, but I’m not saying I wouldn’t either.  

Oh, and the LFC’s motto is, “A Little Bit of MMA.  A Little Bit of Wrestling.  A Little Bit of Clothing.”  It’s like Dana White and Hugh Hefner had a baby.  That is to say, it’s awesome.

There are eight bouts in all, featuring sexy fighters with nicknames like “The Lotus”, “The Mongoose”, and “Rattlesnake”.  My favorite grappler was Serina “Honey Punch” Kyle who looks like the girl next door but can really scrap when the chips are down.  I also enjoyed the presence of Jolene “The Valkyrie” Hexx, a statuesque, fiery redhead who dominates in the ring.  A quick Google search tells me she is now the current LFC champion, and no wonder, as she has all the making of a champ from the footage shown here.

The ladies are a good mix of personalities.  Some look just as you would expect:  Lingerie models.  Others are tough brawlers who would give men in the UFC a run for their money.  Likewise, the matches have a nice blend of cheesecake jiggling and legitimately badass wrestling.  The camerawork is stellar too as the cameramen have a sixth sense as to the most optimal place to put the camera while the ladies are locked in battle.  (That’s a diplomatic way of saying, “There’s a lot of butt shots.”)

The matches themselves are a lot of fun.  It’s easy to pick a favorite before the bout starts and root them on.  One of the biggest upsets occurs when Cali Cat fights with an injured ankle and still somehow makes her opponent tap out.  There’s nothing like a good underdog comeback to get your blood pumping.  The same goes for Maine “The Main Event” Morgan who defies the odds and somehow escapes the jaws of death to gain a submission victory.  The final match-up, between challenger Allie “Babydoll” Parks and the champion, Feather “The Hammer” Hadden is a lot of fun too.

One of my favorite aspects of the fights is when the ladies walk down to ringside, there is a little chair they can sit in to take their heels off before entering the cage.  I mean, you just don’t get that in the UFC.  (I do wish the “Backstage Cam” segments were longer though.)  Oh, and when there is a “wardrobe malfunction” in the ring, the uncorralled body part is pixelated out.  You know, just to remind you that you’re watching a classy event.   

If the goal of putting exactly one LFC special on Tubi was to convert new fans, then I would say, “Mission Accomplished”.  I hope more are added in the near future.  If not, I will definitely be keeping tabs on the sport for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment