Sunday, December 31, 2023

TUBI CONTINUED… WRAP-UP

So, what did I learn from watching 365 movies on Tubi in 365 days?  I learned it’s possible to have only one streaming service and be mostly content with the uh… content.  There’s some good stuff on Tubi, and there’s a lot of crap, but it’s MY kind of crap.  I don’t know if I can in good conscience cancel the various streaming services I pay for and chuck it all for Tubi, but it WOULD theoretically be possible to do so.  

Tubi, for my money, is the closest you can get to that old mom and pop video store feeling.  The kind that carried the weird kinds of crap the big names dare not rent.  Because of that, I will still continue to frequent Tubi, mostly because you just never know what kind of weird shit will turn up on there.  However, I don’t think I could do it on a daily basis again.  

Before I close the door on this column, I did a little data crunching and was surprised by the results.  You might not give a rip about these stats, but I kind of got a kick out of them.  

In the past year on Tubi I have watched…

365 movies in 365 days… including…

41 movies with the word “Massacre” in the title…

29 Ultraman movies…

27 Fake Amityville movies…

13 Lingerie Fighting Championships…

17 movies directed by Mark Polonia… and…

15 movies directed by Dustin Ferguson

Also, here’s the Ten Best and Worst Tubi Discoveries of the Year…

Ten Best: 
1. Lingerie Fighting Championships 31:  Booty Camp 2
2. Lingerie Fighting Championships 37:  Back to the Mansion 
3. Lingerie Fighting Championships 28:  Sindependence Day
4. Lingerie Fighting Championships 36:  Booty Camp 4 
5. Lingerie Fighting Championships 34:  United We Stand
6. L.A. AIDS Jabber 
7. Lingerie Fighting Championships 21:  Naughty n’ Nice 
8. Lingerie Fighting Championships 30:  Born to Be Wild
9. Lingerie Fighting Championships 29:  A Hot Midsummer Night’s Dream
10. Even Hitler Had a Girlfriend 

Ten Worst:
1. All Jacked Up and Full of Worms
2. Bikini Hackers 
3. Cocaine Shark 
4. Werewolf Bitches from Outer Space
5. After School Special 
6. The Manson Family Massacre
7. Space Vampire
8. Savage Vengeance 
9. Mt. Misery Rd.
10. Amityville Hex 

Now, I know what you’re thinking.  You’re thinking, Mitch… you just spent the last year of your life watching Tubi movies.  You should really take a break or seek psychiatric help.  And you know what?  I think I will take a break from streaming movies on a daily basis in 2024.  

HOWEVER… that’s just another way of saying instead of streaming movies on a daily basis, I will be watching movies on a physical media format on a daily basis in 2024.  That’s right, folks.  I’ll be back on my bullshit next year (or… tomorrow) with a new movie-a-day column called Let’s Get Physical where I try to watch 366 movies in 366 days (it’s a Leap Year after all).  

Happy New Year, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to it, I might send you some more DVDs and Blu-Rays.

    ReplyDelete