Monday, January 8, 2024

LET’S GET PHYSICAL

I spent 2023 watching a different movie on Tubi a day.  Because of that, I didn’t get a chance to watch many of the movies on my “To Be Watched” shelf.  That didn’t stop me from buying movies though.  Also, Santa Claus brought me a 4K TV and 4K UHD Blu-Ray player this year, so I have been spending my leftover Christmas money accumulating another format of movies when I still have Blu-Ray, DVD, and VHS on my shelf that I haven’t watched yet.  Because of that, the shelf is now overflowing.  The only way I figured I could correct this is to spend 2024 watching a different movie on physical media every day.  (As you can tell, I’m already running behind.)  

So, the bet is to watch 366 movies in 366 days this year (goddamned Leap Year).  What I plan to do, as to not make it as time-consuming as last year’s endeavor, is watch a different movie every day in varying formats.  If I have already reviewed that movie in the past, I will simply just repost that review, instead of writing a new one.  However, if my feelings have changed about the film, I may make some notes as I did with my Al Adamson, Ray Dennis Steckler, and Doris Wishman tributes.  If the film in question is viewed in 4K, I will certainly add notes about the picture presentation and if it was worth the upgrade or not.  If it’s a movie I’ve never seen before… well… I’ll just review it as usual.  

Since I have a lot of multi-pack DVD collections on my shelf that have tons of movies I have already reviewed, I will probably just repost those reviews, even though there’s ten to twenty on each one.  My thinking is to watch those over the summer when my work schedule ramps up, so I won’t be totally exhausted between work and writing.  

Oh, and I also plan to take pictures of my movie shelf about once a movie to show my progress (or lack thereof), which should be fun.

So, that’s the bet.  Will I be able to make it through an entire year watching physical media and come out the other side sane?  Only one way to find out!  

No comments:

Post a Comment