Thursday, October 28, 2021

THE 31 MOVIES OF HORROR-WEEN: THE ROKU HORROR PICTURE SHOW

I’ve been running behind on posting reviews all summer and have just now gotten around to getting my proverbial ducks in a row just in time for Halloween.  As all my long-time readers know, I reserve the month of October to showcase (mostly) nothing but reviews of horror movies.  Most years, I have a theme, usually revolving around horror franchises, bargain bin DVDs, or stuff I’ve had in my Amazon Prime queue that I never got around to watching.  Last year for Christmas, I got a Roku player, and have spent the last ten months finding lots of weird, wild, and sometimes just plain awesome channels.  Since I love my Roku player so much, I have decided to make this year’s theme The Roku Horror Picture Show and highlight various Roku channels I enjoy.  

So, for this column, I will review thirty-one different horror movies from thirty-one different Roku channels.  Each review will have a little note stating which channel I found the movie on.  My hope is that not only will readers discover new or weird horror movies they might have missed, they will also be introduced to some pretty cool Roku channels as well.  

Since I'm already behind schedule, and there's no way I can do the typical 31 "Days" of Horror-Ween, I will instead review The 31 "Movies" of Horror-Ween.  It will still be the same amount of reviews, just not posted on a daily basis.  However, there will definitely be 31 of them.  They just might not be posted until November (or even December).

So, without further delay (I’ve already delayed this column long enough), let’s kick things off!

No comments:

Post a Comment