Friday, January 13, 2023

TUBI CONTINUED… SURVIVE GIRLS 2 (2006) ***

The reason why I have so many movies on my Tubi watchlist is because of the “You Might Also Like” feature.  Every time I watch something on Tubi (even if I don’t like the movie), I will check out the You Might Also Like recommendations and inevitably add even more films to my watchlist.  It’s conceivable that for every movie I watch on Tubi, I add three or four more.  That’s why I had to start this column.  Their algorithm just knows me too well.  

After I watched Captive Factory Girls 2:  The Revolt, Tubi recommended Survive Girls 2 to me.  Tubi knew, just as I did, they don’t need to have the original Survive Girls in their library for me to watch it.  Tubi’s algorithm strikes again.  

The good news is, it probably didn’t matter that I didn’t see the first Survive Girls.  As it turns out, this is kind of like an anthology series.  This one contains two stories of two Japanese women who find themselves in a sticky sexual situation.  

The first segment is called “Bind” (***).  It’s sort of like a kinkier Japanese version of Gerald’s Game.  A single mom drops her kid off at school and then goes to her dominatrix’s house, begging to be punished.  She ties her submissive up and decides to have a little fun with her.  The domme interrupts playtime to step out to grab a pack of cigarettes, leaving her slave all tied up.  Tragically, the dominatrix gets hit by a car, and her sub is left all alone in bondage, with no hope of escape.  Problems arise when some visitors arrive at the house unexpectedly.  

There’s some pretty kinky stuff in this sequence.  I’ve seen women tied up before.  I’ve seen women gagged before.  I’ve never seen a woman’s mouth tied up in such a way that her tongue can still dangle out so she can French kiss her mistress.  

This tale is great because it wastes no time throwing our heroine into her precarious predicament.  Even though she is completely bound, the movie still finds ways to complicate her situation in unique and suspenseful ways.  I just wish the ending was better.  

The second story is “Hypnosis” (** ½).  A young patient visits a doctor who performs hypnotherapy on her.  Once she is under his spell, he keeps her imprisoned against her will and proceeds to play mind games with his paralyzed patient.  

This one is a lot artier than the first segment, but it’s sorely lacking in the suspense (not to mention skin) department.  Still, it’s not bad or anything.  I liked the metaphor of our heroine being locked in an attic to show how the hypnotist had imprisoned her in her own mind.  It’s just that some of the surreal touches don’t exactly work (like the talking turtle).  Again, it’s fairly decent.  It’s just that it suffers from comparison to the first story.

AKA:  Survive #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment