Sunday, October 27, 2019

THE 31 DAYS OF HORROR-WEEN: PRIME EVIL: BLOOD REUNION (2012) *


As a young girl, Janeth (April Hartman) found the dead body of her mother, Winona (Paula Marcenaro Solinger).  Unbeknownst to Janeth, her mother had been turned into a vampire.  Fifteen years later, Janeth returns home and accidentally frees Winona from her grave.  She then goes around tearing into people’s throats, and it’s eventually up to Janeth to stop her. 

Blood Reunion is your typical forgettable no-budget horror movie.  The amateurish acting is all over the place.  Some of the actors recite their dialogue in a stilted manner.  Some barely get through their lines without stumbling over their words.  Others chew the scenery (badly, I might add).  

The lighting is flat and drab, and the sound is less than optimal (it’s particularly bad during the outdoor scenes).  The plot moves slowly too.  Since there isn’t much to it, it makes the slow pace feel even slower.  The overly simplistic musical score is annoying and is far too intrusive for its own good.  The one scene of gratuitous nudity is about the only thing to pull you out of the mire and inspire you to keep going, even though you know good and well nothing is really ever going to happen.  

I’m going to admit.  After 27 days of nothing but horror movies, I think I might’ve hit my threshold with this one.  I’m not saying it’s the worst one I’ve sat through this month.  It’s just the dullest.  Is it November yet?

Two sequels followed, although I don’t think I can muster the enthusiasm to watch them.  

1 comment:

  1. Not a terrible film, but there are much better vampire films out there.

    ReplyDelete