Tuesday, October 1, 2019

THE 31 DAYS OF HORROR-WEEN: PRIME EVIL


Well, folks.  October’s finally here.  It’s the month when us movie bloggers drop what we’re doing and only watch, write, and tweet all things horror for the next thirty-one days.  Of course, not EVERYTHING I’ll be reviewing will be horror related (I mean there’s no way I’m going to wait till November to see Joker), but it will definitely be about 95% pure horror.

For more than a decade, I have been doing The 31 Days of Horror-Ween in October as a celebration of my favorite genre.  Every year has had at least some sort of vague theme that ties all the films together.  This year’s theme is Prime Evil in which I’ll be watching and reviewing thirty-one horror movies from my Amazon Prime watchlist.  There won’t be an overreaching theme to the films themselves.  I’m just watching thirty-one horror movies that have been hanging out at the bottom of my queue ever since I added them a few years ago.  

Hopefully, we’ll make some fun discoveries along the way.  Most likely, the majority of them will suck, probably due to the fact that I just added them to my watchlist indiscriminately.  I mean, I’m just a sucker for the “Customers Also Watched” recommendation list.  I usually can’t add just one movie and be done with it.  I typically add two or three (or four).  

So, let’s buckle up and do this thing.  Thirty-one days of (almost) nothing but (probably) crappy horror movies starting… now.  I hope you’ll have as much fun reading about my movie-watching exploits as I had writing about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment