Tuesday, October 15, 2024

BIG BOOBS BUSTER (1990) ***

A teenage schoolgirl is humiliated by the fact that her boobs aren’t as big as her classmates.  Slighted, she stalks the night as an evil super villainess who ties up big breasted women and takes molds of their chests. 

I’m a big fan of softcore Japanese nonsense.  Big Boobs Buster certainly delivers in that department.  This will never be mistaken for a masterpiece, but there are undoubtedly some masterful moments here. I love it when a movie shows me something I’ve never seen before.  The scenes of schoolgirls being accosted and having molds taken of their busts checked that box in the definite affirmative. 

I also enjoyed the fact that the titular titaness was a villainess.  I think it may have been tempting to make a character named Big Boobs Buster into a heroine.  I’m glad the filmmakers went the other way with it, if only for variety’s sake.

Okay, so.  This is the part of the review where I reveal to you that the version I saw didn’t have subtitles.  However, when you watch a movie called Big Boobs Buster without subtitles you only have to ask yourself two questions:  1) Does a movie called Big Boobs Buster actually need subtitles? and 2) If a movie called Big Boobs Buster has a plot that so complicated that it requires subtitles, is it really worth watching?

I will say the lack of an actual climax hurt the film.  (Although I’m pretty sure the dangling plot threads will be resolved in Big Boobs Buster 2.)  Besides, it’s less than an hour long and moves along at a zippy rate.  So, even if you do find some of the plot turns a bit daffy (again, this is the sort of thing that may or may not have been solved with the addition of subtitles), don’t worry because the flick will be onto the next wacky fight scene in no time flat (no pun intended). 

No comments:

Post a Comment