Tuesday, September 26, 2023

TUBI CONTINUED… “2” – I, A WOMAN PART 2 (1969) ***

Siv (Gio Petre) is a lonely housewife married to an eccentric antiques dealer named Hans (Lars Lunoe), who is mired in debt and is perpetually hounded by creditors.  That still doesn’t stop him from showering her with jewelry and taking nude pics of her.  One night, he makes her wear a fancy dress and invites a friend over for dinner and pimps her out to him.  More degradation follows until Siv finally learns his shocking secret. 

While I acknowledge I haven’t seen the first one (when has that ever stopped me from watching something with “Part 2” in the title?), I assume it features more of the same. Director Mac Ahlberg does a fine job with all the sex and nude scenes.  They are all tastefully done, and are, dare I say, even a bit artistic.  Then again, Ahlberg’s a cinematographer by trade (who went on to work for everyone from Stuart Gordon to Sean S. Cunningham to John Landis), so it’s no wonder the sex scenes look first rate, even if they aren’t exactly out and out steamy. 

The plot stuff is mostly your standard melodrama sort of thing.  The big difference is the unusually complex relationship our heroine has with her mother in-law, which is something you don’t normally see in this something like this.  If I’m being honest, “2” – I, a Woman Part 2 is kinda hit-and-miss for the first seventy-five minutes but stay with it.  If you do, you’ll be treated to a totally bonkers twist ending, which helps bump this one into the win column.  Like, I knew the husband was gonna be nuts, but I didn’t think he was gonna be THAT nuts.  It makes for the perfect capper on what otherwise would have been a fine, if forgettable sex flick and makes it something of a minor classic. 

Man, I might have to track down Part 1 (and 3!) now.

AKA:  I, a Woman Part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment